Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Color Wheel

I have been spending the few spare minutes that I have doing some dying. I needed to dye samples of the basic colors so I know what I am doing (or trying to do) when creating my own dye recipes. The first picture represents all of the Majic Carpet dyes that I have except for black.



The picture below is the same colors only toned down with black so they are a little more grungy then the original color. If you haven't tried this, I would suggest that you do so you have some idea of the colors that you have. I have greens in the pot right now and am playing with the color yellow and what I am going to tone them down with. I will try and post that tomorrow. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the colours. I Have not finished my Paisley yet. I did dye some bright green and sky blue the other day......It was great to see you both at the Newton workshop. Loved what you were hooking.........Happy Spring....... I have a little blog and found yours here.Karen

    ReplyDelete