Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Hills Are Alive


Yes, the hills are alive..................... not with singing................. but the humming of the serger and sewing machine!

November 9,10 and 11 the Osage High School Chorus will be presenting.........The Sound of Music.

I was put in charge of the costumes.  It has been quite a chore trying to find enough yardage to make 7 costumes from the same fabric.
I have been in too many Walmarts and JoAnn Fabrics to count.............and I need to go again.

The top fabric is for the bedroom scene and the bottom 2 bolts is the "UGLY" drape fabric.

As of today the pajamas are ready for hemming and I have 2 more skirts to assemble and then it's on to the boys outfits.  I saved the easiest for last................not so much.

30 nuns are making up the chorus.  Yes, that means 30 nun costumes.  We are renting black chorus gowns and someone else is making the habits...................whew!

What fun.  I will have relief when everyone has a costume!!

I have both boys in the musical so thought that it was only fair that I help too.  
You know, sewing is a lost art!!

No comments:

Post a Comment