Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

I'm Hooking................FINALLY!



Call it what you may but I have flat out had a lack of interest in hooking these past few months. 
 Sure, I have done a little here and there but nothing grand. 
 Every loop was a struggle.  
I set-up, reorganized and cut strips to get myself motivated. 
 I even got a really good deal on an Ott lamp!

I have been working on this rug for my son, Drew.
  I ran into a snag and it stopped all creativity and work. 
 I showed the rug to mom and she said "just hook it and see what it looks like."  
To be honest I thought it would never work. 
 Guess what? It did! 
 I called mom to let her know that she was "right". 
 It is ALWAYS  a good feeling to know you are right..........at least once in a while.  :)

Since the suggestion worked I have been hooking non stop! 
 It is such an amazing feeling! 
 Watch out rugs, here I come. 
 I have BIG plans in the next few weeks.
  The wool will be flying!

I'VE GOT MY GROOVE BACK!

Here is what I have been working on.


This is the badge from the Air Force base that Drew goes to for drill.  I free handed it and that brought on a few problems.  
Since jumping the hurdle of the scrolls, things have been moving right a long.



I am working on the stars and the field of the flag. 
 Once that is complete I will work on the VERY small arrowheads located at the tip of each point in the middle (not sure what that yellow thing is even called).

The goal is to have the rug complete by class time in April. 
 Currently I don't anticipate that being an issue.

We have snow scheduled for 3 days this week. 
 Who is sick of winter?  We all are!

Happy Hooking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment