Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Festivities

The 4th of July brings lots of activities in our community. The day begins at 8:00 a.m. with the 5k City of Maples Road Race. Pictured below are 3 of my children that ran in the race. 2 were in the top 4 of their age brackets. I also ran the race but am not pictured......thank goodness. I also did NOT place in the top 4......just crossed the finish line!! :) The parade begins at 10:00 and I was asked to drive the convertible for Miss Osage 2009 who just happens to be my oldest daughter. I had her take a picture as it will probably be the closest I get to a convertible!!
This is my daughter Jennifer who was Miss Osage 2009. We were so thankful it didn't rain as neither one of us knew how to put the top up!! We could have had some serious trouble!

The day ends with supper and the annual family whiffle ball game followed by root beer floats and sometimes fireworks. We split up into 2 teams........guys against girls. It is our 11th year of playing and every year the girls seem to win! ;) It is always good for a few/many laughs......the kids are getting bigger and the adults are getting OLDER. Grandma's tactic this year was to get hit by the ball so she could walk to first base.....her grandsons wouldn't allow it!!


The guys......



I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July. We enjoyed the rain, family activities and of course all the great food.




No comments:

Post a Comment