Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's Fair Time.........

Yes, the County Fair is next week so it is only appropriate that we decide what to take for foods projects. Drew decided to try his hand at cupcakes. Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Batch #1.....very red, good, but now knows the difference between granulated vs. powdered sugar. He decided frosting isn't nearly as good with granulated sugar!! Lesson learned. Batch #2 Grandpa thought they were darn good.......he ate, well..............I won't say!! Last night, Batch #3, only 6 left. The cupcakes must have been good?! Drew experimented with the frosting and the decorating tip......he has a little ways to go yet with his signature swirl!!

It is 7:22 a.m. and I just pulled a spot dye out of the oven to make room for Sam's food project. He loves Famous Dave's corn muffins. Batch #1, we threw out..............sounded like hockey pucks.........didn't even taste!! Sam found a different recipe and it is suppose to be Famous Dave's recipe. Oh the calories..................YIKES.

I love when the kids bake but the mess. I sat down at my computer to blog this morning only to find cream cheese frosting on the keys!!! Who do you suppose that was? Drew is a good baker but makes LOTS of messes. When I get hungry I can just lick the walls and cupboards as there is cream cheese frosting everywhere!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for popping by my blog!!
    Love your mention of licking everything after the kids cook! Cute!!
    My son was a chocolate chip cookie messy/maker/baker when young ;-)
    Have a fun day and I'll keep an eye on your blog!

    Lori Ann

    ReplyDelete