Thursday, March 23, 2017

Dork with a capital D

Good Afternoon!
Such a gloomy windy day here today. 
 We are awaiting the rain that is on it's way for the next 3 days.

Ever have days where you get up and then things happen and you wish you would have stayed in bed?
Well, my day seems to be going in that direction.  
First, I emptied a pot of hot wool and water into a bucket and was trying to be careful but the wool slipped out a little faster than expected and splashed the hot water on my right leg and left foot.  I may or may not have a small burn on my foot. 
Dork with a capital D

I've been doing lots of drawing for the shop and shows we have coming up but yesterday I ran out of linen so decided to dye wool today.

I have been in the kitchen the whole time while the pots are stewing and then I heard this noise.  YEP, one the pots boiled over.  Pretty sure the back of my stove in now a blueish purple color.  Really?
Dork with a capital D

Update on my projects from the last post.

I gave this heart to mom for Valentine's Day.
 I used scraps and a size 9 cut then stuffed it with Lavender.  I secretly stuck it in her basket that she uses for hooking.  It took a couple of days but she finally saw it!

This is a project I started last April.  All I have left for the most part is the background.
Here is the D for Dork part.
I dyed the background and only dyed 1/2 yd.
  WHY?  I have no idea.  
Now I have to try and figure out what I did and match the wool.

And this project. 
 I was only given a small amount of the faded red wool and I have decided to do the entire flag in that red.
The problem is I have no idea what the wool is.  I have tried just about every color combination that I can think of.  
It's a tan yet red color.
So, as of right now this project is on hold until I can figure out the dye for the red.
I'm not really sure today is the day to work on that.

That's my update folks.
Nothing spectacular to speak of.......just a lot of dorkness going on at my house. ;)

Friday, February 10, 2017


Good Morning!
Thought I would show you the progress on 2 of the projects that I have going.

This is my own design.  Everything is hooked but the background.  The background of the rug is a flag.  The difficulty that I am having is the dramatic difference in strip size.  I believe I hooked some of the detail in a #3 and the background is a #9.  I'm not sure where my height is suppose to be on my loops. The #9 cut overwhelmes the #3 cut, but I am moving forward......right or wrong. :)

"Woolens" is a new design we have in the shop.  It was a quick and easy project.  I hooked the sheep using 1 strip of wool and yarn.  The yarn gave the sheep some interesting texture. 
 The legs, face and ear are hooked with leftover velvet that I had. 
The background is a #9 new favorite.

I apologize for the words going through the design.  It is a little harder to see.  I have been updating the web site and I have been trying to put our name on the pattern so it's not as easy to steal.

My dye pots are going this morning and while the wool is cooking I am headed to the studio to try and clean up a bit.
We have 2 big shows in April and I am working on drawing and dying so we will be ready to go.  I would like to think I would be caught up but I know better than that!

Happy Hooking! 

Sunday, January 22, 2017

New Year

I see it has been almost a year ago that I wrote a post.  I am going to try and do a better job this year.  I am hoping posting will make me more accountable on my MANY projects that are in the works.

The other day I was sitting in my family room hooking and looked around the room realizing that I had FIVE projects going...... REALLY? That's not even the projects in my studio.  YIKES, think I have an issue. 

I am going to post on the progress so I will make myself a little more accountable.  I hope this will speed up the progress of these projects.  

So, without further ado here are the five projects that I have going:

The heart is going to be a Valentine's Day gift.  Shouldn't be an issue to finish that up. ;)

Rendition of an antique rug that I have been working on.  The plan is to finish up the other 4 projects and then begin this one again.

This project is for the shop and is called "Woolens".  It isn't a very big mat and should progress quickly. (fingers crossed)

The cat is a mat that I purchased to learn a new technique.  The directions weren't the best so I am just "winging"  it.  

This project I started in June of last year.  This one is for me.  Actually, one of the kids have already "claimed" it.    The goal is one person a week.  The background will be a piece of cake......easy hooking.

So, as you can see I have many irons in the fire but hope to get these finished up in the next couple of months.  I am making myself hook a little bit each day. Usually that leads to more hooking. :)

Till next time!