Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

As promised................

Well, as promised here a couple of pictures that I had to share. Below is the rug that I hooked for Natalie as a graduation gift. It is completed except to hand sew the binding on the back side. She was pleased...............especially when she saw that her dog, Cooper was included!! I am just glad that it is done!!!
When I told Natalie that I was making something "rug hooking" she said, "I'd rather have a quilt instead"! So.........like an idiot I thought........................why not do both!? Well, good thing her older sister came home. We ran into complications.....................decided to make it bigger and didn't have enough fabric, sewing machine stopped working and couldn't stay up late enough!!! Jenny was determined to say the least and she was up till 1:30 a.m. working on it and finished it at 11 a.m. the day of the party..................I went to bed!! Truthfully, Natalie was more excited with the quilt but that's okay...........I picked out the colors. Just in case you haven't figured it out yet Natalie loves bright colors like bright orange, green and of course PINK!!
Now, she asks me every day when we are going to get it machine quilted!!! Can't wait until she is a parent! :)

Pattern by Vermont Folk Rugs.............with a few changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment