Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Dye Pots Are Going


I thought I would share with you what it is like at my house when I am trying to get some serious dyeing done!  
I have 3 pots going and one in the oven.  It makes for a very warm kitchen............especially when it's in the upper 90's outside.


This is my island..............yes, it is totally covered with dyes, recipes, notes and my bowl of Ranier cherries for when I need a snack. :)  Probably not the healthiest thing to have food near the dyes but, hey, you gotta go one way or another.

I have so many recipes going that I had to make an OOPS jar..............too much multi-tasking makes for mistakes in measuring!!  I figured it makes for a really good dark wool!


This................not me but my boys.  They fixed themselves supper..............can you tell?  

 It would be safe to say that EVERY inch of flat surface in my kitchen is COVERED with something.  I didn't even show you my LONG kitchen table..............that has my IPAD, dried and labeled wool and more books.

My days are counting down for the BYOP so soon the pots will come to a rest and I will have to clean up my mess.  Thank goodness my family is used to this and is supportive or I would be in big trouble.

Happy dyeing and catch ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment